LOTTA’S PRINT WORKSHOP RETREAT
- Arrive to Åland by ferry from Stockholm in the afternoon. We will be there to pick you up in our bus and we will head back to Silverskär (about a 45 minute bus ride)
- Welcome toast and dinner with Lotta. A chance to meet each other and mingle.
- Breakfast between 7.30am + 9.30am
- After breakfast we will start with the Print Workshop with Lotta. We will start playing with a real easy and fun printing method of printing with potatoes, and will explore what prints and motifs we can create with them.
- Lunch is at 1pm daily, and after that we will continue Lotta’s workshop in the barn. We will continue to develop designs and motifs together and start learning and experimenting with pattern repeats and layouts.
- After our 3-course dinner at 7pm, you will enjoy free time (sauna or jacuzzi, if you want!) or spend some free studio time in the barn.
-After breakfast Lotta will host a morning session and share more printing techniques and tips.
-After lunch you will have a free afternoon to continue your creative work, or to explore the island. Why not kayak, sauna, swim, walk, play tennis, or take a nap . (OR, you might want to venture to other places on Åland this afternoon? I will share my favorite spots to go to. Please note that these ventures and trips are an additional cost)
- Optional morning yoga before breakfast with local instructor (in English).
- After breakfast, we will meet in the barn for a morning workshop with Lotta. This workshop will continue the exploration of block and stencil printing for fabric and paper. We will explore different techniques for repeating patterns for different uses of your designs.
- After lunch at 1pm, Lotta will be back in the barn to continue with workshopping with you, or you can enjoy free time on the island!
- 7pm, our 3 course dinner starts for our last night.
- Breakfast between 7.30am + 9.30am, after which you can enjoy some free time on the island before our bus leaves. On the way to the ferry in Mariehamn we will make a quick stop at a local potter’s studio shop.
NB. THIS IS A PROSPECTIVE ITINERARY. IT IS SUBJECT TO MODEST MODIFICATIONS, DEPENDENT ON LOCAL WEATHER AND NEW OPPORTUNITIES.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Airfare is not included in the workshop fee.
- The ferry to Åland leaves from Stockholm, Sweden. Your ferry ticket to and from Åland is included in the fee. We will send you detailed information regarding where, and what time the ferry departs with your registration packet. We will not be able to pick you up, or drop you off, at any other ferry or terminal in Åland. The ferry ride is a beautiful 5-hr journey through the archipelago, a great time to start your retreat! The ferry is quite large and onboard you can enjoy shopping, eating, meet up with fellow Workshop peeps or simply relax and enjoy the stunning views
- Once you arrive at Silverskär, all meals will be provided. Meals at Silverskär consist of a breakfast buffet, lunch and 3-course dinners of fresh and local cuisine. Special diets can be accommodated, so please let us know.
- Alcohol is not included with meals, however alcohol can be purchased at Silverskär. Coffee for fika is included however, and can be enjoyed at any time
- The Print workshop will be taught in English.
– Significant others, aunts, best friends and children are welcome to join us on the retreat, however no children under 16 at this time for safety reasons. There are several activities to do on the island if you do not want to partake in the Print Workshop (fishing tours for an example). Please contact us for pricing and details.
- The weather in Åland in July is usually quite mild, with highs around 62-70f/17-21c and lows around 54f/12c and an average of 18 hours of sun! It doesn’t tend to rain too often, but it can. We recommend bringing comfortable clothing – we’ll be conducting our workshops in the old barn, but will also be spending time outside! We will provide you with more tips and suggestion on how to prepare for you trip once you are enrolled and paid.
please email if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org